The Financial Times has just released its 6 contenders for the Business Book of the Year Award and the list is looking good:
- Lords of Finance, by Liaquat Ahamed
- Good Value, by Stephen Green
- Imagining India, by Nandan Nilekani
- The Match King, by Frank Partnoy
- Animal Spirits, by George Akerlof and Robert Shiller
- In Fed We Trust, by David Wessel
I have read none of the 6 but am looking to grab my own copy of Ahamed’s and Wessel’s. Maybe also the one from Akerlof and Shiller. (For now, I enjoy Dan Brown’s The Lost Symbol and Ritholtz’s Bailout Nation). This looks like a good list and I’m guessing, the one to take the gold on October 29 would either be, well, one of the two books I hope to get hold of. Lords of Finance or In Fed We Trust. If I had to pick one… I’d go for Ahamed.